Drooms is a provider of a secure cloud solution, supporting confidential business processes such as real estate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and board communications.
As a stable middle-sized company who's also a big player in a niche transaction market in DACH area, Drooms is yet still aiming to build a stronger brand presence in Europe and USA. With all the technological disruptions happening in the real estate and digital markets, Drooms also has to compete with smaller, yet fast-growing start-ups in the PropTech scenes.
To tackle these challenges, Drooms started two major redesign projects since the beginning of 2017.
A full upgrade on design and customer experience for Drooms online shop
An overall rebranding of their corporate identity
Designing an experience upgrade of Drooms online shop
Drooms' customers range from real estate transactions to M&A professionals to lawyers who specialize in analyzing risks and opportunities in corporate transactions. These are groups of users who are busy, always on the move, value speed and simplicity, and couldn't be bothered to spend extra time to navigate through complex new software or websites. How could we turn a complex B2B software online shop to a simple and straightforward journey for these customers?
My role in this project:
- Work closely with Product Management and Development Teams
- Example-based researches of use cases and best practices of B2B software & e-commerce websites
- Gather project requirements for different mobile devices and screen dimensions
- Run and evaluate workshops with Operations/Customer Service team to define user pain points and gather objective requirements to improve online shop features and user journey
- Run and evaluate UX brainstorming sessions to plan user journeys for sign-ups, on-boarding, and check-out flows for Drooms online shop
- Creation of content/copy
- UI design: delivery of finalized, pixel-perfect assets and design files for the responsive online shop
- Ensure that all projects meet accepted best practices in usability and web design
Additional roles on UI/UX:
- Plan and design user journey for an IP-filter feature within the data room software
- Gather project requirements together with Product Manager and Operations
- Creation of finalized click-dummy and design assets for development