Paidy pioneered credit-check-free buy now pay later solution and quickly become the leading service all over Japan.
With the Paidy app, it's now easier for customers to find the right item or store and feel more comfortable and safe while shopping online,
while merchants could boost conversion rates, average order values and repeat purchases.
How might we we enrich the users' buy now pay later experience while delivering a seamless and secure platform that acts as a marketplace, but offers different and improved solutions to the typical marketplace?
We started with a product strategy to delivering Paidy Shopping App in a multi-phased agile product development.
During product development, my design team and I were embedded in scrum ceremonies at all time, for regular tech-feasibility and bugs-check with the project's Product and Engineering reviews.
Product Strategy and UX Research
- Competitive Audit Report: UX Benchmarking and Market Insights for Paidy’s 3 biggest competitors
- Guerilla Interviews: We interviewed 8 people who fits Paidy’s target users criteria to understand their experience with BNPL in Japan
- Paidy Shopping Experience build strategy: We created product roadmap,to scope design and development work for the upcoming 6 months and 1 year.
- Complete user interaction flows and corner cases for all features in Paidy’s web and app solutions
- Pixel-perfect UI assets including design explorations, for example icons, banners, brand campaign components
- Design System and Reusable Components on Figma